If your supply of hot water is not hot or doesn’t seem to last as long as it should check the meter box that the power is on. Has the power box tripped the switch or blown a fuse? If switch is on, check with Essential Energy on 13 20 80 for possible relay interruptions. Remember in winter, the efficiency of the tank is less than summer and the water will get colder quicker. Check the hot water unit and pressure relief valve for possible leaks. If this does not rectify the problem please contact our office. Remember a leaking hot water tap will cause poor supply of hot water and high electricity accounts.
Water bubbling out of the ground could be a serious problem and could lead to further complications. Roof leaks can also worsen quickly and do significant internal damage. In the event of a storm please contact SES to arrange temporary tarps and phone our office immediately.
A common problem in properties is leaking from wet areas eg. bathrooms, kitchens, into adjoining rooms, a regular check is advisable. If the carpet/floor is wet, sponge and dry area thoroughly and check again after use of the wet area, advise our office if there is still a problem.
LEAKING FROM TOILET
Usually is a minor problem. Regular mopping and turning off the tap between uses is adequate until the tradesperson arrives. Please complete the repair advice form and send to our office to arrange for a tradesperson.
Check the power is connected, the water taps are turned on, the load of clothes is not off balance or too high, lid is connecting with on/off switch when closing, hoses are securely attached, if leaking- check hoses for splits.
FAULTY SWITCHES OR FANS
Do not attempt to fix it yourself. Do not use switches. Contact our office as soon as possible.
Check power or fuse box. Ensure the power is on and the switch has not tripped.
Tenants are responsible for replacing blown light bulbs. If problem not remedied contact your property manager.
If your neighbours have also lost power contact ESSENTIAL ENERGY on 13 20 80. Otherwise check if the Safety Switch has tripped and if so, reset the switch. If it trips again unplug all appliances from power points. Reset Safety Switch and plug in appliances one at a time until faulty appliance is located. If you have a fuse box check this for a blown fuse. Note: If this does not rectify the problem please at this stage notify our office. Tenants will be required to pay for callouts where a faulty appliance belonging to them has caused the problem.
Check if power is connected or check power box for tripped switch or blown fuse. Check stove isolator switch is turned on. Contact us to arrange for professional help.
– Water level is a priority and must be kept at a level to allow water to flow through the skimmer boxes at all times. Failure to do this could result in enormous expenditure to you.
– No metal objects are to be allowed in the pool as it could cause corrosion marks
– No animals in the pool as this creates a huge chemical imbalance.
– Ensure regular testing of water to keep correct PH level, this helps prevent mould/fungus forming in the pool.
– Vacuum at least once a week to keep pool clear of debris.
– Regular checks of pump to ensure motor working correctly and efficiently. Leaking or pooling water at the pump could mean a cracked casing and will need attention.
– Even if the pool is maintained for you, it is still part of your responsibility to keep an eye/ear out for any problems.